Thursday, November 11, 2004

Have you seen I heart hukabees?


There is nothing like watching a weird ass movie to make you miss a weird ass person. As we were breaking up the Lorax asked me if I wanted to go see I Heart Hukabees with him as friends. I told him no. I couldn't do that. I would want to make out with him in the theatre and that would be bad. So I told him no. I finally got to see the movie tonight with my buddy Rick. The first few minutes of the film made me think "I'm going to hate this movie" but after we got into it I realized that Mark Walberg (yes, Marky Mark) is terrific in this movie.


So what's the problem. Well the issue is that even though this movie was not terribly romantic in anyway, I sat there thinking "I'm lonely, I'm sad, I miss the stupid fuck head Lorax!" Ugh! So tell me, when does this end? When do I get to stop pretending like I'm over him and actually BE over him? I have boys lined up around the block to date me (not being cocky, just speaking the truth) yet none of them have managed to spark my interest or even tug at my heart strings like the fucking Lorax....


That being said. The Dancer was supposed to come over tonight. He cancelled. I could tell when he called that he really didn't want to cancel but he seemed weary from what was clearly a long day. He works two jobs, waiting and being a dance teacher. I don't know how he even manages to get on the train to come into the city. Now "He's just not that into you" would tell me that he would go through hell and high water to be with me tonight otherwise he's just...well you know the rest. My better judgment actually believes that he was very tired and would prefer that our date not involve him falling asleep on me. Well at least not at the beginning of the date. So he asked me out right away for tomorrow night. I see this as a very encouraging sign and gives me total right to believe that he's actually tired...so I can't write him off for this one single cancellation. If it happens again, well then maybe the excuse won't work, but for now I choose to believe it...Dear Lord I may actually like this one.

No comments: