Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I’d like to talk about exes. More specifically, I would like to talk about the sorry ass people who date your exes after you kick them to the curb.

Okay that’s mean, but kinda true.

Here’s the story. 2 and a half years ago I was dating a boy. We had been dating for about 2 years when things started to go a little south. His mother always hated me because I was the heathen Jew having sex with her son and he kinda let him control her. So it took about 6 months for us to actually break up. In this time, I introduced my ex to a friend of mine from college, Lauren. I guess they took a liking to each other and started hanging out a lot…behind my back. At one point (I found this out after we broke up) she said to him “NotIntoYou doesn’t treat you right, I can treat you better.”

So you bet, weeks after he and I broke up, they started dating. All of his friends hated her and hated the way she manifested her insecurities as control over him. So they broke up…sort of. They are constantly being caught hanging out and my friend even caught him doing the walk of shame back from Lauren’s apartment in Queens.

Anyway, none of this was an issue because I wanted to have as little as possible to do with my ex. Until recently. Some of you who actually know me, know I’m making a record. And I hit a little snag and I needed his help. He’s one of the best producers that will work for pennies, so I called him up. And we started working together and it’s great! I put his name up on my website, telling people that he’s helping out and everything will be great!

Then this morning I get this phone call from him. He’s stammering and sounding completely retarded. He says to me, “I was wondering if you could take my name off your website. There are certain people who might be upset if they knew I was working with you…” I knew immediately it was Lauren and I said “are you dating Lauren again?” Weakly, like a man beaten down he told me he was. I laughed, I couldn’t help it. This girl seems to be controlling him even when they are on again off again. I feel for the guy, really I do, but he lets women control him. Anyway, I had to do it. I don’t want to piss him off. I took his name off the site. I think it’s ridiculous, but it’s not really that big of an issue.

When I hung up the phone, I couldn’t help but get all angry and emotional. I mean, who is this girl? Why does she think I have any interest in ever wanting this boy, who I dumped (not just broke up with, I kicked him to the curb) and never even looked back? It’s totally and completely irrational and I’m kinda pissed about it. I mean, I want to have a professional relationship with this person and having the anxiety of a jealous girlfriend hanging over my head, makes that difficult. At least he didn’t tell me he wasn’t doing the record anymore. I would have to kill both of them if that happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't have professional relationships with ex's, silly!

Unknown said...

Its better to start with new life, reason is why to care for those person who does not care for you. If he or she had some feeling for you he should not have cheated you, so better with new life, forget the past.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm commenting to such trivial mega-drama, but you're a moron (you must be in your 20's)....I sincerely hope you grow up!

Kind regards